Certified, Licensed & Experienced Experts
At AEGIS, our consultants are industry professionals with education, experience, and board certification in security, safety, law enforcement, intelligence, and protective services.
AEGIS Security & Investigations specializes in high end, customer service focused security, investigative, training, and consulting solutions. Since our inception in 2007, our goal has been to meet and exceed our client’s expectations. We accomplish this by actively utilizing both internal and external active management techniques and focusing our services tuned to our clients’ hierarchy of needs, resulting in a high quality service our clients and employees appreciate and respect.
We service high net worth individuals and their families, corporations, and other entities requiring bespoke services throughout the United States and around the world.
Chubb Insured Clients will receive 10% off all assessments, consulting, investigative, and training services and best available rates for protective services as well a complimentary initial scoping consultation.
Customized based on each individual’s life, family, assets, and both actual and perceived threats, AEGIS conducts broad scope risk and vulnerability assessments to identify and mitigate areas of concern. Encompassing safety at home, at work, or while traveling alike, AEGIS has the expertise and tools to support the mission.
Risk management is activity directed towards the assessing, evaluating, measuring, and ultimately mitigating risk to an acceptable level. In some cases the acceptable risk may be near zero. Risk can come from client in person, virtual, and business activity, family or associates, accidents, natural causes, human error, and intentional targeted acts. AEGIS employs a range of all-hazards techniques and tools to observe, orient, decide, and act, creating deployable plans that enable our clients to remain safe and secure.
AEGIS’ goal is to maximize the existing framework by facilitating effective improvements with a high ROI resulting in detailed but easily followed deployable plans. Retained consulting services allows clients to gauge the effectiveness of their current security program with current industry standards.
While these assessments are focused on Lifestyle Security, there is crossover covering material from Residential Security Assessments and can be conducted simultaneously.
Residential security assessments are conducted similarly to how government officials are protected in their homes by the US Secret Service and similar law enforcement entities. Assessments are designed to identify the current security framework and offer options for consideration to maximize its effectiveness while reducing the exposure of potential threats.
This process includes analysis and deliverables related to:
Intelligence gathering & preparation – environmental reports, crime reports, history of the site, historical issues, problem areas, current security program, and desired client initiatives
Physical site assessment – Security cameras, built and natural environments, alarms, access control, structural components, systems, lighting, etc.
Standard operating procedures assessment – a review of the typical protocols as they relate to security daily and contingency planning as well as the emergency operations plan
Security staff assessment – Post orders, officer implementation, supervision, quality control, etc to identify single point of failures
Penetration testing – Designed to test security protocols
Deliverable draft – Written and supplied to the client for review and analysis
While these assessments are focused on residential security, there is some crossover covering material from Lifestyle Security & Vulnerability Assessments and can be conducted simultaneously.
AEGIS’ Security Consultants provide several facets of service to support our clients’ travel needs. Services are tiered to provide scalable supporting including: broad scope intelligence reports for the city/country/region being traveled to, site specific virtual advance packages supporting a detailed client customized itinerary, and fully managed security and logistics support on the ground.
Pre-Travel Security Analysis – AEGIS’ Protective Intelligence Analysts produce custom all hazards/all risks situational awareness reports in advance of travel for the City/Region/Country with optional virtual briefings.
Itinerary Advances – In addition to Pre-Travel Security Analysis, AEGIS’ Protective Intelligence Analysts produce custom itinerary specific virtual advances, offer options for consideration to mitigate risk, and provide contingency and emergency plans ready to be used if necessary. AEGIS can also assist in arranging for local security support upon request.
Real Time Threat Monitoring – In addition to Pre-Travel Security Analysis and Itinerary Advances, AEGIS’ Protective Intelligence Analysts provide round the clock real time potential threat monitoring via open source intelligence, news outlets, government resources, and proprietary data collection methods. Capability includes client tracking and near real-time reporting of potential threats.
AEGIS’ Protective Intelligence Analysts scope our clients’ all hazards/all threats profile and utilize open source intelligence, news outlets, government resources, and proprietary data collection methods to track and report potential threats. Capability includes client tracking and near real-time reporting of potential threats.
AEGIS Security & Investigations assigns investigators that utilizes a combination of restricted databases, government resources, and publicly available information to identify and confirm the location of our subject. In addition, AEGIS investigators may incorporate field surveillance, pretext phone calls and cold approaches for the purposes of gathering information and intelligence in response to or in advance of litigation.
Contrary to what the media or entertainment industry suggests, the private sector does not have access to singular databases for the purposes of conducting background checks. AEGIS utilizes a combination of open source information, closed databases, and manual searches conducted by a professional investigator to conduct background checks. Information obtained during these investigations may include:
- Infraction, Misdemeanor and Felony records of non-violent and violent crimes
- Phone number locate and reverse phone number trace
- Property ownership information
- Current addresses and historical addresses
- Date of birth
- Aliases (aka)
- Marriage records & divorce records
- Birth records and death records
- Relatives searches
- Neighbors searches
- Business information including fictitious business names (DBAs), limited liability partnerships, corporate records
- Tax liens and notices of default
- State issued licenses (most states)
- Sex offender check
- Social Networking information which may include Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, etc
- Real-time booking information
- Arrest & incarceration information
- Vehicle search information
Pre-Employment Background Checks are generally limited to the following in compliance federal law:
- Name / Aliases
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number Validation
- Current / Historical Addresses
- County of Residence, State, and Federal Criminal Records: Infraction, Misdemeanor and Felony records of non-violent and violent crimes
- Sex Offender Registry
- Tax liens and notices of default
- Other Relevant Information
AEGIS Security & Investigations conducts tactical surveillance counter-measures (TSCM), also known as bug sweeps, debugging, and eavesdropping detection services designed to provide our clients with peace of mind that their conversations and information remains private. Our expert private investigators conduct a full bug sweep by analyzing and investigating multiple methods to eavesdropping. We have located hundreds of vulnerabilities and devices designed to provide intelligence to those listening or watching on the other end.
- Our bug sweep may begin with a spectrum analyzer searching for signals emitting from the target area outside of the normal commercial spectrum. This device detects the difference between cell phone transmissions, cordless phones, laptops and bugs transmitting wireless signals.
- Second, the target area is examined for physical evidence of devices, tampering, and hidden camera lenses. In addition, a thermal imaging camera is used to detect electrical devices which are then inspected.
- Third, the target area is examined manually with a wide band receiver designed to pick up any devices transmitting in real time and more tactical and targeted than the spectrum analyzer. These devices range from 50kHz to 12Ghz.
- Fourth, the target area is checked for devices that are capable of recording and locally storing audio and video (if necessary).
- Fifth, electrical outlets and phone lines are examined for carrier currents that would permit listening through electrical lines. This kind of current can easiest be identified as similar to that of a DSL connection using phone lines for data.
- Sixth, a non linear junction detector may be used to locate electrical components of devices whether they are on or off. Some bugs can be set to have burst transmissions or only operate while it is picking up voice or video. This allows us to pick those devices up during our TSCM bug sweep, even when they are off.
- A cursory sweep of the computer hardware is conducted to check for any suspicious devices.
- Last, a phone analysis conducted in conjunction with a physical examination of the phone system to detect phone tapping if necessary.
Additional services include computer and IT security best practices designed to harden computer and networking systems against viruses, trojan horses, worms and key loggers. We provide custom solutions created for each client.
With staffed operations throughout California and utilizing partners across the country, AEGIS’ executive protection agents and estate security officers conduct discreet and professional full service security operations for our discerning clientele. Specializing in UHNW individuals, our close protection professionals are experienced, industry respected, and field tested, maintaining a ZERO loss record. Supported closely by our operations team via our web-based command and control systems, our autonomously operating security agents receive as needed briefs, situational awareness updates, and guidance to better prepare our clients in navigating their environment. AEGIS creates and executes solutions for our clients to accomplish their specific personal safety and security objectives.
For a full list of services, visit www.aegis.com or call us at 310-838-2787.
AEGIS Security & Investigations Inc, is a California Bureau of Security & Investigative Services licensed and insured Private Patrol Operator #16744 and Private Investigator #27756 headquartered at 10866 Washington Blvd. #309, Culver City, CA 90232.