Bug Sweeps Bel Air
Tactical Surveillance Counter-Measures (TSCM), also known as bug sweeps, debugging, or electronic eavesdropping detection is the art of locating and eliminating devices designed to gather and record or transmit information covertly. An experienced licensed private investigator from AEGIS Security & Investigations will bug sweep telephones for phone wiretaps, computers and electronic lines to discover unauthorized signals, and spaces to eliminate electronic eavesdropping and other surveillance devices. Our Bug Sweep service in Bel Air aids in detection of bugs, detection of wiretaps, and detection of hidden cameras.
AEGIS Security & Investigations’ bug sweeps are conducted in a variety of environments and for a variety of clients. We have provided services in private estates, personal residences, for attorneys and law firms, financial management firms, businesses and government entities. Bug sweeps can be conducted in offices in Bel Air, vehicles, on a person or in any private space.
An AEGIS Security & Investigations bug sweep is conducted typically after hours as to not arise suspicion and provide confidentiality to the client. The process involves a total of five steps.
1. AEGIS Security & Investigations bug sweeps starts with a spectrum analyzer examining frequencies emitting from the target area beyond of the normal commercial spectrum. It works by graphing the frequency and power of signals, distortion, harmonics, wave length and other determining factors. The graph resembles that of an oscilloscope with the frequency on the horizontal plane and the amplitude on the vertical plane. This device detects the difference between cell phone transmissions both of the voice and data variety, cordless phones, WiFi signals and bugs transmitting wireless signals.
2. Second, the target is examined with a wideband receiver designed to pick up any low power devices that could have been missed by the spectrum analyzer. Low power devices are designed to go short distances, typically point to point. This may include radio waves emitting from smaller, more portable devices. A comprehensive bug sweep is not complete without the use of a wideband receiver.
3. Third, electrical outlets are examined for carrier currents that would permit listening through electrical lines. A carrier current is a low power, hard wired audio transmission sent through an electrical line. They do not go long distances, as the current is adjusted as it passes through a transformer. The transmissions can be easily picked up a commercial grade scanner by an individual sitting outside of a building, hence the necessity to examine the outlets during a bug sweep.
4. Fourth, a non-linear junction detector is used to locate electrical components of devices whether they are on or off. It blasts a high-frequency radio transmission and from the receiving pad. When it detects a return on the frequency, the operator is alerted to electrical components within the search radius. This device works much like a bat would use echo-location. Some bugs can be set to have burst transmissions or only operate while it is picking up voice or video. This allows us to pick those devices up during our TSCM bug sweep, even when they are off.
5. Last, a phone analyzer is used in conjunction with a physical examination of the phone system to detect phone and wire taps. Wiretapping occurs digitized or audio conversations is sent to an unauthorized third party. This may be done through a Trojan horse in a fully digital phone, an inductive coil attached to the handset, a physical recording device, splitting a line, or creating a manual recording. The phone analyzer can assist in detecting if a signal is being rerouted, spliced or copied.
Additional services in Bel Air include computer and IT security strengthening against viruses, Trojan horses, worms and key loggers. AEGIS Security & Investigations provides custom solutions created for each client by experienced professional in their respective fields. If the bug sweeps yield results requiring further private investigation or security services, clients can rest assured AEGIS is there to help.
AEGIS Security & Investigations: Our mission is to identify, meet, and exceed our clients’ security, investigation, training, and consulting expectations.