AEGIS Security & Investigations conducts tactical surveillance counter-measures (TSCM), also known as bug sweeps, debugging, and eavesdropping detection services designed to provide our clients with peace of mind that their conversations and information remains private. Our expert private investigators conduct a full bug sweep by analyzing and investigating multiple methods to eavesdropping. We have located hundreds of vulnerabilities and devices designed to provide intelligence to those listening or watching on the other end.
AEGIS Security & Investigations specializes in high end, customer service focused security, investigative, training, and consulting solutions. Since our inception in 2007, our goal has been to meet and exceed our client’s expectations. We accomplish this by actively utilizing both internal and external active management techniques and focusing our services tuned to our clients’ hierarchy of needs, resulting in a high quality service our clients and employees appreciate and respect. Our goal is to provide a high return on investment by providing high quality, efficient, and effective services, exceeding our client’s expectations. AEGIS Security & Investigations is fully insured and is licensed by the State of California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services.
- Our bug sweep may begin with a spectrum analyzer searching for signals emitting from the target area outside of the normal commercial spectrum. This device detects the difference between cell phone transmissions, cordless phones, laptops and bugs transmitting wireless signals.
- Second, the target area is examined for physical evidence of devices, tampering, and hidden camera lenses. In addition, a thermal imaging camera is used to detect electrical devices which are then inspected.
- Third, the target area is examined manually with a wide band receiver designed to pick up any devices transmitting in real time and more tactical and targeted than the spectrum analyzer. These devices range from 50kHz to 12Ghz.
- Fourth, the target area is checked for devices that are capable of recording and locally storing audio and video (if necessary).
- Fifth, electrical outlets and phone lines are examined for carrier currents that would permit listening through electrical lines. This kind of current can easiest be identified as similar to that of a DSL connection using phone lines for data.
- Sixth, a non linear junction detector may be used to locate electrical components of devices whether they are on or off. Some bugs can be set to have burst transmissions or only operate while it is picking up voice or video. This allows us to pick those devices up during our TSCM bug sweep, even when they are off.
- A cursory sweep of the computer hardware is conducted to check for any suspicious devices.
- Last, a phone analysis conducted in conjunction with a physical examination of the phone system to detect phone tapping if necessary.
Additional services include computer and IT security best practices designed to harden computer and networking systems against viruses, trojan horses, worms and key loggers. We provide custom solutions created for each client.
To identify, meet, and exceed our clients’ security, investigation, training, and consulting expectations. Our goal is to provide provide a high quality service in partnership with our clients designed to accomplish their investigative needs discreetly, efficiently, and effectively.