Risk management is activity directed towards the assessing, evaluating, measuring of risks, and ultimately mitigating risk to an acceptable level. In some cases the acceptable risk may be near zero. Risks can come from client activity, associates, accidents, natural causes, human error, and intentional acts. Companies can minimize liability to their operations and risk to the staff and property by conducting a full analysis of their security program.
AEGIS Security & Investigations conducts risk and threat assessments across a broad spectrum of clients. These clients can range from corporate, educational, industrial, and institutional. There are numerous factors to consider before any analysis begins. The actual site to be protected and the inherent risks can vary depending on whether it is an infrastructure facility, a transportation hub, a sports arena, a munitions manufacturer, school or university, a government facility, or high rise office building. Vulnerabilities also differ on transportation modes such as airplanes, ships, buses, trains, trucks, passenger vehicles or military transport. Accessibility is a factor when considering public or private environments such as arenas versus gated and fenced facilities.
AEGIS conducts thorough investigations of all factors relevant to assessing vulnerabilities and potential threats. Analysis of risk considers present security plans, operational procedures, emergency action plans, physical response capability, and first responder expectations.
After identifying risks, AEGIS security consultants will recommend specific improvements to mitigate those risks to the extent possible. We will assist through all levels of implementation if required. This process may be applied internally in accordance with best practices or externally for the purposes of creating, submitting, and obtaining conditional use permits.
In addition to a thorough assessment, AEGIS facilitates testing of existing security programs. Upon agreement with the client, we will attempt a clandestine breach of the clients’ security for a real time test of the clients’ response capabilities. This information is invaluable in adjusting plans to be effective and efficient.
AEGIS Security & Investigations specializes in high end, customer service focused security, investigative, training, and consulting solutions. Since our inception in 2007, our goal has been to meet and exceed our client’s expectations. We accomplish this by actively utilizing both internal and external active management techniques and focusing our services tuned to our clients’ hierarchy of needs, resulting in a high quality service our clients and employees appreciate and respect.
Broad Security & Vulnerability Assessment:
The step-by-step progression of the program is as follows:
- Intelligence gathering & preparation – environmental reports, crime reports, history of the site, historical issues, problem areas, current security program, and desired client initiatives
- Physical site assessment – CCTV, CPTED, alarms, access control, structural components, systems, lighting, etc
- Standard operating procedures assessment – a review of the typical protocols as they relate to security
- Contingency planning and emergency operations plan assessment
- Security program assessment – Post orders, officer implementation, supervision, quality control, etc
- Analysis and discuss of single point of failures and initial findings
- Guided discussion with department heads, site management, and corporate representatives
- Penetration testing designed to test security protocols
- Research and analysis of potential solutions to findings
- Deliverable draft written and supplied to the client for review and analysis
Risk Management Consulting:
AEGIS Risk Management consultants first analyze our client’s operations including the impact from their locations, supply chain, travel, infrastructure, logistics, finances, and staff. All hazards threat management, potential losses and operational failures are extrapolated to determine the where efforts must be made to harden the potential target. Our risk management solutions are designed around the specific needs of individual client and are implemented to mitigate and minimize risk.
AEGIS Investigators support intelligence gathering for corporate entities positioning themselves for mergers, takeovers, and expanding operations in seasoned and emerging markets. Both on the ground and by conducting thorough research, AEGIS Security Consulting clients are better prepared to face the challenges presented by the current economic landscape.
The final deliverable includes a color coded summary that easily defines in multiple categories the current standing of the facility, policies, procedures, and staff. The coding is implied based on the following:
GREEN – The current security framework is generally acceptable by industry standards such as: effective and proper use of security techniques, secure facilities/access control, effective use of technology and physical security improvements, and well defined security and emergency plans.
YELLOW – The current security framework has minor or elevated issues that could be detrimental to the limitation of liability, impede risk management, or affect contract stability. Examples may include: customer service issues, potential safety hazards, exploitable gaps in security operations, observational training deficiencies, improper use of equipment, and incomplete or deficient security plans.
RED – The current security framework has severe issues that could immediately affect liability, can be considered dangerous or negligent, or compromises safety or security of people or property. Examples may include: no formalized policies or procedures, no contingency planning, no or minimal training, excessive use of force, dereliction of duty, safety hazards, and clearly visible gaps in security operations.
Immediate value is benefited from a reduction in risk or liability, lost materials, excessive labor, maximizing efficiency and a possible reduction in general liability and workers compensation insurance premiums. Indirect value comes for preventing injury or property damage resulting from an incident that could be valued in the tens of millions of dollars.
Upon the conclusion, our firm is capable of facilitating additional processes required to complete the security program including sourcing, staffing, plan development, and managing improvements. Our cross functional analysis and end-to-end support differentiates from other firms by allowing us to manage the entire process from inception through full scale deployment and operation, all while supporting core business strategies of high ROI, open communication, and efficiency.
- Government entities foreign and domestic
- Corporate and satellite offices
- Public, private and charter elementary, middle and high schools, colleges and universities
- Property management and HOAs
- Hotels and resorts
- Shipping and distribution centers
- Religious institutions and places of worship including Jewish temples, churches and mosques
- Manufacturing plants
- Theaters, public events, shopping malls
- Law firms and attorneys
- Retail and wholesale businesses
- Venues, restaurants, clubs and lounges
- Individuals experiencing a threat
- Entertainment and production companies
- Soft services companies including landscaping, janitorial and maintenance